Wednesday, April 29, 2009

28 April 2009

I have cancelled tennis practices with all my other teams this week as I give priority to Al's practices. This week will be another crazy week as we head off to District Championships at Oakley. We have practices on Tue and Wed at the Fremont Tennis Center from 6-7.30pm. And I hate playing outdoors as we're faced with more challenges like the sun in our eyes and the wind and cold that freezes my entire being! But I guess, it's good to play a different game and learn how to adjust accordingly thus, making me an all rounder player rather than one that is regimented and unflexible, sigh. But it takes a lot of focus and hardwork, *sigh some more*.

Had appointment with Dr Tran today with regards our paperwork for our PR application. USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services) sent back some forms which apparently Dr Tran didn't fully complete the last time. Arrived promptly at his office and when he opened the envelope, seemed like we checked it through and everything seemed to be in order. Perhaps they didn't like his handwriting. You know how it is with doctor's scribblings, hahaha. But, for Sam, she needs 2 more immunizations ie. the Varicella (chicken pox) 2nd dose and Meningoccal (meningitis). So, after school, we rushed over to Evergreen Pediatrics for her jabs, only to be told that they only have the Varicella and not the Meningoccal! Well, story of our lives.... it's never a straight path. So, she had the Varicella jab and we went to Tapioca Express to reward ourselves with snow bubble tea. I had mango while Sam had passion fruit. Hmmm... it was the best thus far of all the ice blended we've tried. Then, we head off to Dr Tran's office to inform him about the Meningoccal jab which we didn't manage to get as it was out of stock. He said he'll hold on to Sam's paperwork and will fill it in when we're through with both the jabs.

Came home, managed to squeeze in 30 mins of nap which was interrupted by a phone call from Ed who advised that I can go to other pediatrician's office to get the Meningoccal jab instead of just at Evergreen. So, I told him I will go look up other pediatrician when I wake up. Did just that at 4.30pm and found another doctor who confirmed appointment for tomorrow at 3.45pm for the Meningoccal jab.

Left the house at 5.15pm to go for tennis practice at 6pm. 12 of us showed up namely Rudy, myself, Sonia, Judy, Michelle, Al, Max, Ming, Rick, Wayne, Shawn and Nam. I partnered Rudy against Judy/Max and won the match 6-3 and then played against Shawn/Michelle and won 6-1. Then, my right hamstrings started to be tight so, I stopped midway in the 2nd set when we were up 3-0 and went home. It was then 7.45pm and by the time I had dinner, it was 8.20pm. Man, was I famished....

No comments: