Wednesday, April 29, 2009

27 April 2009

Did I tell you I hate Mondays? Ya, I know I've said this many times before. Seems like if I don't clean the house on Mondays, something's missing from the equation of life. Why do I have to make my life so difficult? Why can't I just turn a blind eye to dirt/dust/scum and live in harmony with it? Well, I am beginning to sound gross.... DEFINITELY not my cup of tea, hahaha. OK, so, here we go for housekeeping as per normal.

At 10am, gotta drop everything and sit in front of the PC to order the Viliv S5 uPC for Chong Khing. It goes on sale at 1pm EST (10am PST, ie. our time) and they only have 200 units at a steal of a price at USD599 which also comes with a complimentary car kit worth USD135. I called them up on Friday to check how do I go about ordering this at the pre-sale and their advice to me is to go online and order rather than call via phone as the phone lines will be quite impossible to get through. So, I did sit in front of the PC at 10am sharp and started ordering. Of course, the whole process was darn slow as the server was busy. I tried like a million times to get from stage-to-stage ie. create account/password, order form, shipping details, credit card and submitting payment and every time I come to the part when it says "click to submit payment", it will go chugging for a long time and time out on me eventually. I tried so many times, both on my desktop as well as my laptop and also tried calling via phone but everything was in futility. Even Ed tried to help but he gave up too after a while. After sitting for 2.5 hours and still not getting anywhere with the online order, I gave up and tried to use the phone instead. I kept hitting the redial button like a million times too and finally, OMG, it rang, it rang. I was so excited. Of course as usual, I was put on hold listening to music and finally, someone answered and I told him my predicament about the time out issue. He said it's no big deal as he can see it and in 20 mins, I was done with the order and heaved a big sigh of relief that I've made Chong Khing's day.

And while I was busy with the Viliv, my tennis captain, Al Marquez was hounding me to go to the courts to practice a little of my BH which he says needs fine tuning. Yes, I didn't play too well on Sunday at our 2nd round playoffs and probably I will need fine tuning on all my strokes as nothing worked that day as my hands was frozen and there was no feel whatsoever. At first I said, 11.30am and then postponed to 12pm and finally, committed to 1.30pm. Microwaved a hot pocket and ate in the car as I was hungry and houskeeping has barely started (just go to washing the 1st load of clothes) and lunch of course was not cooked.

Practiced very hard with Al and was also frustrated as I couldn't return any of his serves to my BH or FH. Finally, he changed my style of return a little and it beared fruit, hallelujah! I can finally go home. Finished practice at 2.50pm and was very late fetching Sam from school. Went to Burger King to get some lunch for Sam and came home to my housekeeping saga. Amazingly, I actually managed to finish doing everything by 8pm. This must've been the 1st time I can go to bed by 10pm on a Monday. What a miracle!

No comments: