Thursday, April 16, 2009

16 April 2009

Didn't sleep well last night. I think I slept at 10.20pm but woke up at 2.20am and couldn't get back to sleep till 5am. Whole night still pondering over how I can rise up to the challenge of playing with 7.0 mixed doubles coz I played so horribly last night, it's still fresh in my mind of those missed chances and how I was unable to find another notch to up my game when it mattered most. Sounds like beating myself up again doesn't it? Gotta stop killing myself over such trivial things *gentle reminder to self*.

I also wondered if the sleeplessness is due to the coke I drank prior to bedtime. It was supposed to be caffeine free but hello! only God knows what those guys put in that can! Or, it's because I am hungry. I don't think that's possible coz I had a huge piece of pizza b4 I showered and got to bed. But the stomach definitely was growling somewhat. The eyes refused to shut no matter how hard I tried. Finally got out of bed at 7.45am.

Woke Sam up coz we need to get out of the house by 9.30am to send them to Valley Fair for their surprise birthday party Sam and her friends have come up for Sara. At 9.20am, the girls are still preening in front of the mirror, grrrrr (I will be late for my tennis lesson at 10.30am). Kayli and Daniella had leftover pizza for breakfast while Sam and me had yogurt. Dropped them off at Valley Fair and I headed off to CSF. Reached there about 15 mins late. Today, we had lessons outdoors coz it's such a beautiful day. Played till 12pm and then was summoned by Wilson to go indoors to play with 2 young boys (I think they are around the age of 16-17). Well, we got whopped nicely by them. I was sleepy and hungry by the time 1pm came around. Forgot what the score was coz we were so badly thrashed, we didn't bother counting, hahaha (am glad I am laughing over this in retrospect). By the time 1.45pm came around, I was dead and flat and stopped the game. Went to Swetka's to return my demo racquet and signed out of the program. Cost me $20 for the 2 racquets I tried. Told them, I can't continue coz they can't give me a size 2 racquet for demos and it's futile as size 3 that they gave is way too big for me and everytime I tried using it, the racquet wobbles and hurt my hand. So, the guy understood and let me off the program, phew!

Had Jamba juice and blueberry lemon cookie for lunch. That cost me $6, ouch! Not too much of a lunch meal but hey, nothing else was available around Swetka's. Went to fetch Sam and her friends from Valley Fair and sent them all home. I am dead by now and so, am going to go take a short nap to catch up on my lack of sleep from last night. Tata...

No comments: