Friday, April 17, 2009

17 April 2009

Today was a blast at tennis as I had so much fun playing with the ladies. I think mixed doubles is not my cup of tea as the pace is much faster and my reaction time is so slow. Perhaps it's age related too coz really, I don't need all the stress. So, from next year on, am definitely not playing for the mixed doubles season.

I partnered Laila against Christine/Sharon and won the 1st set tiebreak 7-6 (7-1). Could have won it much easier but because Laila and me are the most impatient people in the world, we killed ourselves in the process of trying to end the point quickly. We continued on the 2nd set and was on serve at 3-2 when Laila indicated she had to leave as it was already 10am and our court time is up anyway. Stayed on and stroked a little with the 3.0 mixed doubles team consisting of Gary/Xiao Lu/Cuong and after warming up a little, we played 4 games before having to stop and change court. I then went on to stroke with Cuong on court 13 and had a blast of a time hitting the ball as hard s I possibly can coz Cuong's strokes are fast paced and I LOVED it. Played till 11.30am and then left for home.

Took Sam for bowling practice at Homestead and had pizza for our lunch. Homestead had a newly renovated cafe and the main specialty was Noble Roman's Pizza and it was yummy. Had a personal pan pizza and pink lemonade as Sam practised and ate. Again, focus today was on mental conditioning and observing that she doesn't twist her wrist or hand. Met an Indonesian lady called Lavinia who was bowling on the lane next to us. She looked like a university student and she's also nuts about bowling. Usually come by with her friends but today, she's all by herself as her friends can't make it. She's only a social bowler and I quite like her release of the ball which is pretty smooth and easy.

Made an observation to Sam that usually her sparing speed is higher than her 1st ball. I think it's because with the 1st ball, she's controlling her swing more compared to the spare where she holds no barred. Hmmm.... was her retort as she tries to understand why too!

No comments: