Friday, April 24, 2009

24 April 2009

Went for Friday morning Ladies' Practice at CSF at 8am. Thought I'll be late coz I have to fetch Sam to school by 7am and not sure if commute will be good or bad on 101N. Fortunately, commute was good with no major jams and I managed to get to the club on time at 8am. Laila was already waiting for me and we both jumped right in to warm up. Then, Christine Pham came along and warmed up with us b4 Yodi joining us around 8.15am. I paired with Christine against Yodi/Laila and we won both sets 6-2, 6-1 and then I paired with Laila against Christine/Yodi and we tied at 4-4 b4 our court time was up at 9.30am and we had to disband play. The match partnering with Laila was tough as we were 0-4 down b4 crawling our way back, all thanks to Laila's persistence. Thanks Laila. It was tough for me to concentrate on the 3rd set with Laila coz I was tired and I can actually feel my energy running low and concentration was hard to come by as I didn't have a good night's sleep. Slept at 12.30am last night after working on the computer the whole day looking for flights and doing paperwork.

I am so happy that all the hardwork paid off as I finally managed to get my redemption flight on UA to fly from IAD (Washington DC) to London LHR (Heathrow) on 14 June. I have to pay SGD220 for my airport taxes which is equivalent to USD132.40. Not too bad I guess. Better than to pay US$1,349.68 if I can't get my free ticket. The plan for now is to fly to DC together with Ed and Sam on June 12. June 13, checked Sam into the NYLC and then, at 6pm, Ed and me fly off to London. Will arrive on June 14 at 6.20am. Stay in London for 3 days and then fly off from London to Geneva on June 17. Spend 17-19 in Geneva. I will take a solo tour by myself while Ed will be visiting customers there. Yippeee, now I can R.I.P. coz visiting Switzerland was one of the "must-do-thing-b4-I-die" resolution. Thanks Khin Mien for making my wish come true. June 20, fly off from Geneva to London. Stay 1 night and then fly off to DC on June 21. June 22, fly home to SFO together with Sam. Hopefully, I can meet up with Kay Eaw when I am in London and we can catch up with one another. Have written to her and she's invited me to go stay with her. Will see how accommodation works out with RCI.

No comments: