Saturday, November 29, 2008

18 November 2008


Did you know that the birds here are really fierce? It has managed to peck its way through the wire mesh under my roof and nested there. And guess what? I don't have a ladder that can reach the area for me to go fix the wire mesh myself. Can't buy a ladder either coz I don't have a truck to bring it home. The wire mesh is approx 18 feet above ground. As a result, had to call my handyman Raul Vasquez to come by and give me an estimate. And even he doesn't have a ladder and will have to go rent one. He quoted me $100 for the job but I counter offered for $80 and he said yes. That's the good news. The bad news is that he can only do that when he's free and again, it's a test of my patience. Every morning, I can hear the bird move in that nest coz it's located next to my bathroom and though it irks me, I had to endure it until Raul fix it. Anyway, he finally came and fix it on Fri, 21 Nov and I had to part with my $80 :-(


And guess what? When Raul came to collect the payment from me, he came in his BMW. My goodness, am I paying him too well or perhaps BMW pricing. Not bad for a handyman's life owning a BMW. Who's talking about bad economic situation?


Anyway, today I managed to cook my beef bulgogi, recipe compliments from Sue Hee of Penang. It was a good first try and Sam and Ed loved it. Also, tried my hands in cooking "bastek". For those of you wondering what that is, it is basically a dish consisting of pork meatballs with potatoes. Sam's favorite dish for now. Here's the picture of the 2 dishes.


No comments: