Well, today started pretty well with Ed and me going to FCC church for their 9am service. Today, Pastor Bill talked about forgiveness and how apt it applies to all of us who have been hurt in one way or another along our journey called life. After church, we went to Sato Sushi for lunch and then went home, fetch Sam to her youth service @ FCC which is at 11am. Sam is volunteering as the Check-In Host. Fanciful name huh? Well, what she actually does is just print name tags for all the youths that comes for service. This is only a small part that Sam is contributing but, it is a good start. This will also go towards her 5 hours required "church community hours" by Valley Christian School. But Sam intends to do so for as long as possible until she can find another small part to contribute to church in another area. She's possibly looking into playing the keyboard in the church music ministry just like in GBC, Penang but we'll see how it goes. We're all taking baby steps at a time.
At 2pm, I left for Club Sport Fremont. I have turned "suicidal" these days where tennis is concerned and cannot understand why I would sign up for tournaments when my tennis is barely there. On the brighter side, perhaps I can look at it and say that I am brave. But signed up for the USTA Club Sport Fremont 3.0 women's doubles I did and today, we'll be playing in the semi-finals at 3.30pm. I can't tell you how nervous I was when I reached the club at 2.30pm. My hands was icy cold although the sun was out. We had no practice courts to play on as it's all occupied by tournament players. In the end, at 3pm, I went on the treadmill so that I could get some workout done and warm up. My partner is Cecelia Hernandez and she's a life-saver. We went on court as scheduled around 3.40pm and our opponents was Lucy and Esperanza, both of whom are captains and co-captains of their own tennis team. That means they are experienced players and all of a sudden, I am beginning to doubt myself and wonder if this is going to be more than just suicide!!! We warmed up and then started play around 4pm. The 1st game wasn't easy coz I was dead nervous and my friend Susan Tam was beckoning me from behind to whack the ball but sorrylah, the muscles were tight, the fear was overwhelming and after hitting several shots out, the confidence level waned. But I hung in there and kept talking to myself. Finally, we prevailed in the 1st set and won it 6-3. In the 2nd, I wasn't so tight anymore and began to relax and enjoy the game and went on to secure the game at 6-0. After the game, my hands were trembling and I told Cecelia I had better eat some dinner b4 our finals at 6.30pm. So, to McDonald's we went and I ordered a quarter pounder with orang juice. Gobbled it down and went to the court as scheduled ready to play our final match with Donna and Marybeth. And guess what, eating a heavy meal b4 a match is a REALLY BAD IDEA coz the legs won't move, the eyes went to sleep, the focus went for a holiday and nothing works. For a game and a half, I can tell you how frustrated I was coz all the balls I hit was either out or into the net it went. At one point, I got so mad at myself I literally slapped myself real hard. Not that it helped very much but midway through the 2nd set, I woke up but I also felt that my shoulder blades was sore and tight and I couldn't serve very well but I hung in there. We lost the 1st set 3-6 and bounced back in the 2nd and won 6-3. Cecelia was indeed my life-saver coz when I was down for a set and a half, she covered for me and that made a huge difference as our opponents started to make more unforced errors. B4 we went into the 3rd set, my coach Larry Parker, massage my sore shoulder blades and Cecelia applied some pain reliever on it and it felt much better. Guess what, we came back and won the 3rd set 6-2. I just couldn't believe my eyes that we have won the championship and it feels good. I owe it all to God for lifting me up when it matters most. I also owe this victory to Cecelia for being such a great experienced partner and helped me out when I was down. Thanks too to Larry for his advice and massage that helped a lot. This victory is to TEAMWORK and I hope I will have many more success stories to share with you all in the future.
The sleep tonight will be good and I can't wait. Thank you everyone, I love you Lord. Goodnite.
No comments:
Post a Comment