Monday, February 16, 2009

15 February 2009

This morning, I was ecstatic coz I can finally go to church after missing out the last 2 weeks due to Sam's bowling tournament. It was good to be back at FCC and this week, Pastor Bill is starting on a new series "SEX SENSE". It'll be over a length of 5 weeks, should be an interesting topic coz sex can be so perverted sometimes and it'll be good to see God's perspective on it.

After church, went home to change into my tennis gear and off to King's Eggroll for lunch with Ed. Then it was off to Club Sport Fremont where I will play my 1st mixed doubles match with Rudy. Rudy is a 4.0 player and he's the nicest guy I've partnered with. No airs, no stress and it's always fun to partner him and as a result, I play better too.

We were up against Richard Ronten/Terry Chuang (yes, Richard's my hitting partner on every Wednesdays and he's been kinda like my coach/mentor since joining CSF). We won the match 6-2 6-2. Frankly, I played pretty good and all the shots out wide on the deuce court somehow worked, giving me a few winners. I think I was also lucky coz during practices with Al and Richard, out of 10 shots, I'd probably only hit 1 but it all worked out today. All praises to God for the win coz without HIM, I know I probably won't have a chance.

But kudos to my partner Rudy too coz he hit many many winners and thanks Rudy for covering for me when I am scrambling all over the court. Also, my service motion was better altho I did have 2 double faults. But all in all, it worked out well. Praise God!

No comments: